Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Whether a traveler's style is living large at a trend-setting resort or chilling on a secluded island with an icy cold beer in hand, the Bahamas has something for every taste, from all-inclusive resorts to exclusive private-island hideaways. Visitors can enjoy celebrity-chef restaurants and glitzy casinos in Nassau and Freeport, or escape to the pink sands of an undeveloped out island. The Bahamas are the ideal destination to eat lots of conch, get a golden tan, and feel totally revived.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on the Bahamas best beaches, the famous Junkanoo celebration, and the best snorkeling and dive spots
· Major sights such as Pink Sand Beaches and Coral Reefs
· Coverage of Nassau; Freeport; New Providence and Paradise Islands; Grand Bahama Island; The Abacos; Andros, Bimini, and the Berry Islands; Eleuthera and Harbour Island; Great Exuma and the Exuma Cays; The Southern Out Islands; Cat Island; and San Salvador
Planning to visit more of the Caribbean? Check out Fodor's Caribbean travel guide.