It's hard to find a nation that dances to a friendlier, more laid-back tempo than Dominica. The island rises majestically out of a turquoise-blue sea and provides a visually stunning backdrop to an easy-going way of life. Anna, who served as a Peace Corps volunteer on Dominica, and Zak, a long-time resident on the island, use their island-wide network of experts and friends to provide local, insider knowledge into this unique Caribbean island. With candid reviews of restaurants and hotels plus itineraries and advice for any traveler, this guide won't leave you wondering what to do next. Take advantage of the practical tips for traveling on a budget and off the beaten tourist path with all of the maps you'll need for hiking, driving, or exploring on foot or by bus. Included in this book is a first-of-its-kind comprehensive hiking guide featuring the newly developed Waitukubuli National Trail. With first-hand knowledge, cultural insights, and personal recommendations, this book is your key to the real Dominica.
- Included: Sixty page, comprehensive Hiking Guide covering 18 hikes and the Waitukubuli National Trail!
- Hike through protected rainforest and down into the Valley of Desolation to visit the world's second largest boiling lake.
- Dive beneath waterfalls set deep within the rainforest and hike over and around volcanoes blanketed in jungle vegetation.
- Discover the best spots to share a rum punch and gain some local insight from those who know the country best, Dominicans themselves.
- Spend the night on the Waitukubuli National Trail or treat yourself to a stay at a world-class eco-resort.
- Swim, snorkel or dive with sea turtles and prolific marine life off some of the most pristine reefs in the Caribbean.